Monday, January 17, 2011

girl time

Hello there. I'm going to make this post about all the girl time I have been getting with my best girlfriends.  Being single always has it ups and downs, but a positive up for me is all the time I get to spend with my girls.  As I'm growing up I have come to realize how much you really them and all the effects they have on you as a person.  When I think of all my wonderful friends, not really any of them are alike... but in someway they are.  They all play different roles of friendship to me and I am ever so grateful.  I recently had a wonderful night with a girl who I have been friends with since 7th grade.  We have been through a lot together and its funny how well you can know someone after that long.  We sat in her pink room and had a lot of deep talks about the life we want, and the relationship we want with a significant other.  We shared a bottle of wine and watch Forever young. A very old movie with the young hot Mel Gibson. We were just being girls. Also a few days before that I sat in another dear friends room and we filled one another in on our lives, shared some of our dreams and got coffee together. Felt like High school all over again.

20 years from now, at our high school reunion, everyone will be catching up with old time friends and we`ll be laughing about something that happened yesterday.

Its true to say that "your college friends know who you are, but your high school friends know why" to me that makes sense more and more each time I read it.  Yes, I sometimes miss high school when all my friends could be together, but I also LOVE college.  I have made some lasting friendships with girls there and I could of not asked for better.  They get me also, but I sometimes feel they don't get why I'm that way and my high school girls do.  So I look at it like the best of both worlds that I have.  We always get so excited to come home where our roots are to spend time with one another and create more memories. And when that time is over with we are also excited to go back to school where we now belong and continue on our next chapter of our life.  I enjoy sending my girls cards in the mail (its always fun getting mail) and of course we can keep up with facebook and texting, sometimes an old fashion phone call fits in also.


I like to see people reunited, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying, I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can’t tell fast enough, the ears that aren’t big enough, the eyes that can’t take in all of the change, I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone.
-Jonathan Safran Foer

I'm 20 years old and think I have found all my brides maids. It makes me excited knowing that someday when I meet the right guy they will all be happy for me and they will grow to love him just as much as I do.  They will stand by me and enjoy my happiness as I will for them. Only a few of us have a boyfriend and some, including me are patiently waiting to mister right to come along. I learn from their relationships the good and the bad.  I know what I want and what I deserve.  I will never walk away from advice they may chose to give me and they are always asking me for some.  At this time In our life we must enjoy all of our girl time.  Its simply the best.  Its the friends that turn into family that will last forever.

I don't remember how we happened to meet each other.
I don't remember who got along with whom first.
All I can remember is all of us together...always.

It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you."
(always remind your girls this one)

      Believe that love is out there. Believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do. Sometimes happiness doesn't come from money, fame or power. sometimes happiness comes from good friends & family & the quiet nobility that you're living a good life. so take a look in that mirror & remind yourself to be happy because you deserve to be. Believe that. & believe that dreams come true everyday. Because they do.


(I belive the copy and paste thing is what messed up the color font with the quotes and also most all of my pictures are from weheartit.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment