Friday, June 8, 2012

TGIF

I believe this to be true to the hilt. Life is simply too short not to take risks, grab the opportunities that you find that fit your shoes perfect and to be in love, in love with many things that is. At my brothers graduation last night, there were some great speeches.  Some people can speak the whole truth in like five minutes.  When one chapter is finished in your life, you don't go back and try to rewrite it, or try to add something, its done. Its only then, that should be the most exciting that its time to start a new chapter, not knowing what will be written in this one, has to be the most beautiful thing. This summer is a whole new chapter for me, I believe every season should be a new chapter in our lives.

Growing up, and still today, I am the girl that can carry her voice afar so others can hear, I believe I am very colorful with who I am and how I present myself to everyone who crosses my path. I live to think I am lively too.  I have a few heartaches in my life, each completely different from one another, but they all have taught me SO much. So for that I am grateful.  With my experiences, I can now help others who may land in the shoes I have been in.  Shoes that are worn and torn... but that doesn't mean I am going to stop walking in them, no. No only have they been in pain, but they have pushed through the darkest days and have found sunshine. I know God believes that I can handle anything that comes my way, and boy has he tested me.

Right now, I'm sitting on my porch with a wonderful dog, a cup of coffee and in  my pajamas. Embracing the new day and deciding on what the day should be. Getting to see some old faces, maybe making a trip to Starbucks, going to see my nanny family and whatever else comes to mind.  Thanking those who fought for me, today, that I have this freedom. I have a purpose in this life and there is a reason why I am here.

I found this on a dear friends facebook today, I havent heard it yet and I really liked it. Enjoy:

"It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so don't fuss, dear"

-Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment