Tuesday, November 1, 2011

be yourself

I hear this and see this all the time. I believe it to the hilt. But like every other girl sometimes we forget to be our self and try to be someone we are not. Maybe for a week or just a day.  Then we sit back and think to ourselves this isn't me, why should I be like this. I have crossed that path a few times in a few different stages of my almost 21 years.  Try to do my hair like a certain girl, or wear a certain name brand, talk a certain way, and sometimes even act. Why? I really cant tell you that.  But growing up I realized I LOVE who I am. The crazy, weird unique, fun, loving, kind person I am.  And it simply goes like this, if someone doesn't like you for all your wonderful traits why even bother trying.  The simply don't deserve your greatness.

I have said this times before. But I am so thankful for all my girlfriends who love me for who I am.  Yes, they roll there eyes, and don't laugh when I laugh, or just stare when I do something weird and I love it.  I love them for who they are and each of them bring in different joy to my life each day.

And now, I think I have myself a boy who wouldn't want me to be anything but what I am now.  He laughs and my weirdness and of course accepts it. Doesn't judge me for wearing sweat pants 5 days a week.  Loves when I wake up with no makeup on and smile. Because in the morning that's the best makeup a girl can wear.  Tells me he wants to show me off, and is excited to bring me into his world.  Never to I have to be someone I'm not, he has dried my tears more than once and just holds me when he doesn't know what to say. And that to me is perfect.  Every girl can be an emotional emily especially when they are on there monthly cycle, and lately my emotions have been bouncing off the walls.  He becomes my positive when I am negative and always tells me nothing is as bad as it seems. And he is right, even when I am too stubborn to admit it. We only dated per say for a month before we labeled ourselves as "boyfriend girlfriend". I can say though, he has been the best thing that has happened to me. I never knew something so great was out there.

Enjoying this life one day at a time. That's the best way, God has already shown me so many surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment